|"10x004 - Airbag"|
|Season 10, Experiment No. 274|
|Upload date:||April 13, 2011|
|Experiment Outcome:||Great Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#273: Baby food|
|Next Episode:||#275: Playlist Live special (pencils)|
- Jory first named Beth "Miss Havisham" back in season 7 when she was donated; this is the name many fans knew her by. As such, in many references to her on the Wiki, she will be referred to as "Beth/Miss Havisham." To learn the full story behind the "Miss Havisham" moniker, please refer to her full microwave biography.
- This is the first "great idea."
- For this episode, the lab was called the "Jory Caron Field of Destruction 2.0," the increase in number indicating a different location than where the dynamite experiment was performed.
- The guys concluded that the original air bag was a far better experiment because of how interesting and surprising the near-death experience was.
- This time, the air bag was from a Hyundai, as opposed to the Lexus air bag Summer microwaved.
- This is the first time (other than a YouTube convention special) where the order of microwaves has been broken. Rapunzel was switched out for Beth/Miss Havisham, so as to spare Rapunzel a certain death.
- This is also the first time that a microwave with a dial has been used.
- Beth/Miss Havisham's dial was the safety precaution used. Once the dial was turned to a time, she would start whenever plugged in. So, the guys waited carefully up on Jon's deck and plugged her in while far, far away from any danger.
- Back in season 7, after discovering Melissa's "food plate" setting for the rocket engines, the guys said that they would do this as a safety precaution the next time they did an air bag. But, of course, Beth/Miss Havisham was to old to have a "food plate" setting or even a "start" button.
- After being started, Beth/Miss Havisham lasted about 3 seconds before the air bag exploded. Summer lasted only about 2 1/2 seconds before explosion. Furthermore, Beth/Miss Havisham was in far better condition post-explosion than Summer.
- Beth/Miss Havisham's dial indicated that she was born in February 1988.
- Jory: Because of that danger, we don't really feel like we can put Rapunzel into harm's way. We're going to let a more seasoned microwave take that honor.
Riley: What's her name, Jory? What's her name? Tell me her name!
Jory: This sexy cougar's name is Beth! Yeah, she may be way too old to even be a cougar, but, you know, she has money. Sugar mama!
- Jon: We're gonna plug that in from a distance, so you don't have to be near it.
Jory: Yeah, yeah!
Riley: (to Jory) Great, because there's no way that you could make it from there to up there.
Jory: Well, I could, but, you know, a slower man probably couldn't. Jon- Jon couldn't!
- Jory: All you have to do is plug [Beth/Miss Havisham] in, and it starts going. Kind of like, you know, your mother!
- Ryan: That was almost as fast as Jory in bed!
<iframe width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AjmOUuTy-14?rel=0&hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>