|"10x011 - Bag of Chips"|
|Season 10, Experiment No. 281|
|Upload date:||May 9, 2011|
|Experiment time:||"Potato" button|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#280: Acer tablet computer|
|Next Episode:||#282: Nail polish and make-up|
- Jory forgot Gabrielle's name and somehow thought of "Gwen." He then bestowed the nickname "Gabby" on Gabrielle in this episode, saying that this would make it easier to remember her name. He feels "Gabrielle" is too long for him to remember.
- The original experiment time was going to be 2:22, as suggested by Jon. But Jory was so insistent on using Gabrielle's "potato" button that Jon finally agreed to use that time. Also, Jon figured the "potato" button would give Jory more time to get inside before the experiment started, and he knew from season 2 experience that chip bags react very quickly.
- Jory seems to have been right back in season 2 when he said that a big bag of chips would be better to do, because there would be less ruined chips (more middle/untouched chips). Neither Jory nor Riley complained about the chips tasting bad when they tasted them post-microwaving. In season 2, Jory said that the chips had a "bad beginning taste."
- Amazingly, this episode is yet another from season 10 that had its length be 4:20. Jon says this is just a coincidence, and that he's not making the videos last 4:20 on purpose (other than the hookah episode). Interestingly, Riley says in the intro that he's the "munchie sidekick," and the video length of 4:20 can represent the munchies.
- Jon estimates that Jory has touched about 33 microwaves so far during the series's run. He is correct. Gabrielle indeed is the 33rd microwave if you don't count the unused microwaves Bertha and Olga.
- This was the first official "Good Idea" of Season 10 (not counting the "Great Idea" from the airbag episode).
- Jory: And microwave... Uh, Gwen?
Jory: Gabrielle! We'll just call her "Gabby," 'cause I can't remember something so long.
Jon: They're a dime a dozen these days, huh?
- Jon: Hey, Riley, mind if I have some chips? I'm real hungry.
Riley: Let's have 'em after.
Riley: You know what? This [bag of chips] is way too big. We're going green here. We're gonna shrink 'em down!
- Jory: (to Riley) Feel how secure that is. It's still a really secure package.
Riley: Yeah, I mean, they just shrunk!
Jon: That's what SHE said! (laughs pervertedly)