|"10x015 - Toothpaste"|
|Season 10, Experiment No. 285|
|Upload date:||May 23, 2011|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#284: Sega Genesis 3 and Atari game|
|Next Episode:||#286: Slap Chop|
- This episode marks Gabrielle's grand achievement of tying Sandra's long-time record for most "good idea" verdicts in a row, with a total of 5! Way to go, Gabby!
- Jon has said many times, including in this episode that the original toothpaste experiment is his favorite experiment. The results this time around weren't as exciting, though, because several people in the comments noted that, since the original toothpaste experiment in 2007, toothpaste containers no longer contain metal/aluminum in them. So, there was no sparking this time.
- Riley cleverly picked 2:30 as the microwave time, citing the old joke of "tooth thirty."
- Interestingly, both the season 1 and season 10 tubes of toothpaste were Colgate brand.
- Riley kept the cap on the toothpaste closed. This prevented the toothpaste to be "converted into a gas" like it was in season 1.
- Riley: See that gingivitis and the plaque back there [in Gabrielle]? Clean it up a little bit with some toothpaste!
- Jory: That was the best part of toothpaste. The laboratory started to stink, and you throw that in there, and it was like a car air freshener. You get that new car/toothpaste smell!
- Jon: I want the knowledge that the extra blue strip down the middle [of the toothpaste] actually does something.
Riley: MY strip down the middle? It does something. Like, my strip in the middle? My penis, the shaft!