|"10x019 - Twilight Book and Highlighters"|
|Season 10, Experiment No. 289|
|Upload date:||June 6, 2011|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#288: Cup of gasoline|
|Next Episode:||#290: Diaper|
- Gina came with an instruction manual inside of her. The close-up shot of her instruction manual was used for one of the fast-paced shots at the end of the season 10 title sequence.
- Riley named Gina out of the blue, and Jory liked the name so much that he decided to go with it.
- Hypercoaster suggested doing a book and highlighter for season 10, as an homage to Jory's season 3 suggestion in episode #60. Never having gotten a donated item on the show, Hypercoaster was proud her suggestion was picked, and she was also proud that she was the one who got to tell the guys which episode number the original highlighter episode from season 3 was during the intro live show.
- Jon released this episode while he was on his MTV Movie Awards trip, an event which, coincidentally, featured Twilight quite frequently.
- The pack of highlighters the guys bought for this experiment was very large (12 total), but they only decided to microwave a pink highlighter and a yellow highlighter. Like in the original highlighter experiment, when the highlighters exploded, they left some sort of hair/fuzzy residue. The pink and yellow hair/fuzz mixed somewhat to create an orange color.
- 4 minutes was chosen for the microwave time by Riley, because there are four Twilight books in the series. The original/first book was the one microwaved.
- Lots of people in the comments amusingly said that the guys microwaved Twilighters in this episode. Another common comment joke was that it wouldn't take long to highlight all of the good parts of Twilight, since there aren't any good parts!
- Jon said "'splosion" and "'sploded" for "explosion" and "exploded," just like Ricky Ricardo in I Love Lucy would have done.
- Jory: Today, we're gonna be microwaving these highlighters. You may not remember this, but way back in episode 60, we microwaved highlighters. We were so impressed with the highlighting-explosion capabilities of it that we joked, "Wouldn't it be cool if we put this in there with a book and it highlighted all the good parts for us?"
Riley: So, we chose Jon's favorite book, Twilight.
- (Jory struggles to find Gina's "start" button)
Jon: Come on- you can figure out Gina!
- Jon: (about pink highlighter hair/fuzz) It looks like cotton candy now! That is so crazy! What is in highlighters?
- Jon: This book is so sexual! Bella's a slut!
- Jon: (seeing completely yellow/highlighted page) This is our favorite page, can you tell?
Jory: It's like Spiderman came on this one! Golden shower of Spiderman!
- Riley: Where'd the orange come from?
Jory: Uh, yellow and pink make orange...
- Jory: ...you know, Ashley Greene's breasts.
Riley: AW! I LOVE Ashley Greene!
Jon: Is that in the book or just the movie?
Jory: It's in MY book, isn't it?
(Jory opens book to look like a centerfold)
Jory: Yeah, yeah!