|"10x021 - Cigarettes"|
|Season 10, Experiment No. 291|
|Upload date:||June 13, 2011|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#290: Baby Diaper|
|Next Episode:||#292: Listerine|
- None of the microwave guys smoke. Riley just puffed on the cigarette to make the intro funny. Jory even notes in the outtakes how he was surprised Riley actually lit the cigarette.
- Shelley is a chain smoker, and her favorite brand of cigarettes is Camel cigarettes, which is what she microwaved in this episode.
- Shelley is Gabrielle's identical twin sister. One easy way to tell them apart is by Shelley's yellowed inner walls. Shelley already looked used on her first experiment, as a consequence of all her nicotine use. Gabby was pristine when she started, since Gabby wasn't a smoker.
- Jon cleverly suggested 2:00 for the microwave time, to represent secondhand smoke.
- Riley calls the cigarettes "cancer sticks," which is a very appropriate name.
- Jory: (about Shelley) She's used, okay? The sloppy second microwave!
Jon: (in exaggerated Boston accent) But she's a smoker, obviously, the Shelley. Shelley the Smoker!
Jory: Well, see, that's what happens when someone's been smoking too long. Their walls turn yellowish!
- Jon: Like, there's a lot of stuff on this show that we probably shouldn't breathe in because it's unhealthy, but this one has been PROVEN to be DEFINITELY unhealthy!
Jory: This is going to smell like butts!
Jon: It's gonna smell like a, you know, trampy bar at, like, 3 o'clock in the morning!
- Jory: Here's the thing- if you're smokin', you understand the risks, okay? It's your right to smoke and get cancer or whatever.
Riley: Do whatever you want.
Jory: If you really wanna do that fast, put it in the microwave. Smoke a pack at a time! Eff those people who say, "I smoke a pack a day." Smoke a pack at a TIME! And it's more efficient! You can smoke not only the tobacco- you can smoke the filter, you can smoke the foil, you can smoke the packaging. You can even smoke that label that says, "You'll get birth defects"!
Jon: F*ck you, Surgeon General!
Jory: Yeah, f*ck you, Surgeon General! What do YOU know? (in mocking tone) "General," General of Health." Mmm! General Electric, General Hospital! That's a soap opera!
Jon: Yeah, what wars have you...?
- Riley: (pokes lit cigarette at Justin Bieber doll box) Die, Justin, die!