|"10x022 - Mouthwash"|
|Season 10, Experiment No. 292|
|Upload date:||June 15, 2011|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#291: Cigarettes|
|Next Episode:||#293: Bra|
- This experiment was chosen to be right after the cigarettes as a way to make both Riley's breath and Shelley smell good and fresh after the release of so much smoke. The Listerine did its job, too, because the guys were pleasantly surprised after microwaving to find that there was no remaining tobacco smell.
- Jon was so impressed at Riley's fortitude for keeping burning Listerine in his mouth for over 30 seconds that he made the annotation to "thumbs up"/"like" the video based on Riley's courage.
- For some reason, Jon chose to use a picture of a bottle of Cool Mint Listerine for the episode's thumbnail and transition sequences, even though the Listerine that was microwaved was the original yellow flavor.
- During editing, Jon sped up Jory counting to 30 in the intro, so as not to bore the viewers.
- After microwaving, the Listerine bottle changed shape to resemble that of a plastic soda pop bottle.
- Jory: (counting to "30") 25... 26... (starts saying "27" and stops to start over) 1... 2...
Riley: (hurriedly spits out Listerine) My tongue hurts!
Jory: That's what you get for smoking!
- Jory: (about Shelley) She's our pride and joy microwave! Me love you long time, microwave!
- Jory: Meth is the answer to cigarettes!
Jon: How do you stop smoking?
Jory: Cigarettes are a gateway to meth!
Jon: How do you get off of cigarettes? Get addicted to crack instead, kids!
- Jon: Guys, where are your masks and your eyewear?
Jory: You know, boiling liquids.
Riley: (in exaggerated Boston accent) We're tough bastards, we're tough bastards!
Jory: It's so cold out here, what's another couple hundred degrees gonna do to your skin?
- Jory: (in Arnold Schwarzenegger voice) It's a tumor!
- Jon: You have to hold [the bottle of Listerine] right in front of your face.
Riley: (holds bottle in front of face) Listerine!
Jon: Not right in front of your face. Right there! I wanna be able to get!
Riley: (laughs) Okay! "Hold in right in front of your face. NOT in front of your face!"