|"10x028 - Microwave Detector"|
|Season 10, Experiment No. 298|
|Upload date:||July 11, 2011|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain|
|Previous Episode:||#297: Shake Weight|
|Next Episode:||#299: Firework Mortar|
- With 40 seconds left on the clock, Heather froze and stopped microwaving. She didn't die, so it probably was a safety feature that turned her off to avoid danger. Lots of other microwaves probably would've died at this point.
- At 2:22 in the video a click and beep can be heard. This is probably the sound of Heather freezing.
- Because the guys said that this episode would be the last one in the laboratory, many newbie fans thought this episode was the very last one. Many people complained in the comments about how the guys should have ended at episode #300, not knowing that this IS the plan.
- Jon chose 2:98 for the microwave time, since this was experiment #298.
- Riley comments that the microwave detector has been in its package since 1996.
- According to the instruction label on the back of the microwave detector, you should place the detector against the microwave door while microwaving a cup of water.
- Upon opening Heather, Jon purposely threw in "release the Kraken," a BTTF reference, and a Star Wars reference all in quick succession, just for this being the last laboratory episode.
- Jory: What exactly does [the microwave detector] do?
Riley: (extra sarcastically) It detects microwaves!
Jory: Well, that seems like something we could have used four years ago, when we started the show, and not now when my nuts are itty-bitty raisins!
- Riley: (in raspy voice) Heather!
Jory: You know, [all the microwaves] blend together. Really, I just have Alzheimer's now!
- Riley: Jory, is this emotional for you?
Jory: My penis is erect. I don't know if that's an EMOTION, though!
- Jory: (about Heather freezing) That's AWESOME, because that means she'll never age and I can live with her FOREVER!
- Jory: You, too, can win a part of microwave show history with the Necklace of Death! (mumbling under breath) This may cause cancer!