|"1x005 - Soy sauce"|
|Season 1, Experiment No. 5|
|Upload date:||July 5, 2007|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Previous Episode:||1x004 - Popcorn|
|Next Episode:||1x006 - Kool-Aid|
"Is It A Good Idea To Microwave Soy Sauce?" is the fifth episode of season one.
Jory wants to heat up a packet of soy sauce so it doesn't make his food cold, so he puts it in the microwave. He then goes into the lab where they have tin foil shielding so they don't burn their junk. He puts it in for one minute. After about 30 seconds, the packet opens and soy sauce gets splashed on the microwave walls. He then calls it a bad idea to microwave.
- Jory does not say it is a good idea
- Once again, Jory calls the show "Is This a Good Idea to Microwave?" Later in the intro, he asks if "is it safe to microwave", another variation on the show's name he frequently uses in season 1. At the end, he says, "Is That a Good Idea to Microwave?"
- Unnamed is aged for perfection.
- Jory: "Here at Jory Caron Laboratories, we microwave things so you don't have to!"
- Jory: [to Jon] "Come on! We don't want the camera guy to die!"
- Jory: "And it's propelling itself around like a jet engine!"
- Jory: "Never microwave soy sauce packets. Punch a hole in it first, and then, it'll jet around!"