|"2x001 - Light bulb, toothpaste and soy sauce"|
|Season 2, Experiment No. 19|
|Upload date:||September 12, 2007|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Ezra Horne|
|Previous Episode:||#18: Moist towelette|
|Next Episode:||#20: Egg|
- This episode is a re-microwaving of Jon and Jory's favorite items from season 1. It was also a way to "prepare" Diane, since they already knew what those items would do when microwaved.
- The lab is now the JCML 2.0, since the biggest change in the second season is the location move to Jon's parents' house in Nahant. The JCML 2.0 also has makeshift masks, in the form of the show's new T-shirts; gloves for Jory; and a camera to record close-ups inside of the microwave.
- Jon and Jory's good friend from Emerson, Ezra Horne, joins the show as sidekick for this season.
- Jory keeps his season 1 monotone character for the season 2 intros, but he acts more like himself during the actual microwaving. His regular enthusiasm and comedic personality won't fully come into play until season 4, though. In season 3 he was less monotone than season 2 but still fairly "dull".
- Diane was introduced in the season 1 clip show.
- In the season 1 clip show, several things were said as future season 2 items that never came to fruition. Some (like the Otter Pops) were never microwaved at all, and some (like the Magic 8 Ball) were microwaved in season 3.
- Melting pot is yet another one of America's pastimes.
- Jory squeezes some of the toothpaste on to the light bulb before microwaving begins.
- Jory uses the remote arm in this episode.
- Toothpaste and soy sauce, both bad ideas in season 1, were good ideas here.
- Ezra: It's gonna smell like a dentist's office in there, a Chinese dentist's office!
- Jon: Oh, the soy sauce is as pungent as ever! That's an interesting aroma. If you can picture toothpaste and soy sauce, it's pretty much a combination of the two. Like, it's toothpaste, but spicy!
- Jory: Let's put this on the Tray of Wisdom over here.
Jon: So, this is our victim's tray.
Jory: From my careful observation, Crest? Good idea. Light bulb? Bad idea. And soy sauce? Awesome idea...
Jon: So what's the final verdict, Jory?
Jory: The final verdict is that this, all around, is not something you want to do at home, but, if you do, it's pretty cool!