|"2x002 - Egg"|
|Season 2, Experiment No. 20|
|Upload date:|| September 15, 2007|
March 16, 2009 (HQ Classics!)
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Ezra Horne (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#19: Light bulb, soy sauce, and toothpaste|
|Next Episode:||#21: Ink cartridge|
- Eggs are yet another one of America's pastimes.
- Jory dispenses with the remote arm. This is the first time he turns the microwave on by hand unless the popcorn button in episode 4 was hit by hand..
- Jory says that he was too cheap to buy certified organic eggs for the experiment. It's most likely he used an egg from Jon's refrigirator for this.
- Jory says in this episode that they should try doing eggs in the crate/carton next time... which they do in season 3 (along with soap and a lighter).
- The egg took 48 seconds to explode, which is typical considering most eggs explode in 40-50 seconds with a normally working microwave. None of the microwaving was edited out (as you can hear Jory close the door after the video cuts to the microwaving).
- Jory: Whether you like [eggs] scrambled, sunny-side-up, or roasted, toasted, and blown up in a microwave, they're still good to eat. So, let's go find out which one it does!
- Ezra: Why did the chicken cross the road?
Jory: I have no idea.
Ezra: To save its infant child from the Jory Caron Laboratories, where it was going to be tortured to death!
Jory: Okay, it was never going to be anything, okay?
- Jory: Oh-ho-ho! That was awesome! Scrambled eggs, hardcore!
- Jory: What do you think came first, the chicken or the egg?
Jon: In this case, the explosion!