|"2x012 - Bar of Ivory soap"|
|Season 2, Experiment No. 30|
|Upload date:||October 21, 2007|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Ezra Horne (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#29: Banana|
|Next Episode:||#31: Steel wool|
- This is the first time Diane is given an official name. This starts one of the most beloved traditions/jokes of the show.
- Staying clean is yet another one of America's pastimes.
- This was a good idea all around. The texture after microwaving was awesome, feeling like warm marshmallow with the flakiness of soap, and it effectively doubled the amount of soap that was there at the start.
- This is one of the few episodes (apart from the first 7-8 episodes) where Jory (Riley or Jon, in episodes to come) does not give his usual safety speech.
- Jory: (about the tinfoil shield) It protects everything except my head; that's not really important.
- Jory: And here's the Sharp microwave, the love of my life.
Jon: She's pretty dirty.
Jory: I've named her "Diane", actually. Truthfully? It's Diane. And don't ever look at her that way!
- Jon: You microwave soap, you get the Marshmallow Man!
- Jon: This has probably gone up in size, like, 10 times its original weight.
Ezra: You can't increase the weight, because mass can neither be created nor destroyed!
Jon: Thanks, Einstein!
- Jon: That [smell] can't be bad, right?
Jory: It can't be bad. It'll just clean out our lungs!