|"3x001 - Eggs, soap, and lighter"|
|Season 3, Experiment No. 45|
|Upload date:||February 1, 2008|
|Experiment time:||5:00 (unknown if 5 minutes was up/time was added when soap and lighter were taken out)|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Ryan Lewis (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#44: Dynamite|
|Next Episode:||#46: Furby|
- Sandra is the first microwave on the show with a door handle instead of a push-button door.
- Sandra is a 1200-watt microwave, according to Jon. She was also damaged when Jon and Jory bought her. She often needs help turning on, and her display is broken.
- Jory said in the season 3 teaser that YouTube user Mystablank79 came up with the name "Sandra." Jory said he chose it because it was "exotic."
- This episode is a conglomeration microwaving of favorite items from season 2, same as the season 2 premiere had the favorite season 1 items. This trend for season premieres stopped after season 3.
- Jory's longtime friend and roommate Ryan Lewis is the sidekick for the first half of this season.
- Jory says that eggs, soap, and a lighter are all bad ideas, leading to an overall verdict of "bad idea." However, in season 2, soap was given the verdict of "good idea." Perhaps, Jory was referring to the AMOUNT of soap this time (three bars) being a bad idea. This is the first evidence of contention between Sandra and Diane...
- This is the first time "1.21 gigawatts" is ever used as a quote.
- The eggs were extra cheap and low quality. They only cost about a $1 for the whole dozen.
- This episode marks the first use of real masks.
- Sandra started just fine in the debut, indicating the eggs may have bad something to do with the slow starts.
- This is the last episode where Jon backs up with the camera before the experiment and the last time "turn off the lights for dramatic effect" is said on the show, both of which were staples of seasons 1-2. After this, it would just cut to Jory starting the microwave with the lights already off.
- The remote arm was not brought back for the third season.
- Jory: That's why we have these ventilation masks- they're new for the third season!
- Jory: Also new for this season, we have ONE ventilation fan.
Jon: Wow, Jory!
Jory: Yeah, budget!
- Jory: And, as always, our Sharp carousel microwave. For this season, she's named "Sandra." (whispers to camera) Just don't tell her what happened to Diane. We haven't gotten there yet...
- Jory: Sandra can do it, man!
Jon: She's a 1200-watt microwave. She'd better be able to do it!
Jory: (chanting) I think I can, I think I can!
- Jon: Jesus almighty, that's a lot of soap!
- Jon: Oh, it smells like breakfast, boys!
- Jory: I think we've just lost the innocence of the microwave...
Jon: Oh-ho! She's been de-virginized already, boy!
- Jory: If you EVER see this when you're eating eggs, you turn and you run!
- Jory: First time ever on "Is It A Good Idea to Microwave This?" We've got Really Bad Idea!