|"3x005 - Giant mercury light bulb"|
|Season 3, Experiment No. 49|
|Upload date:||February 18, 2008|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Ryan Lewis (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#48: GameBoy and GBA|
|Next Episode:||#50: Vaseline|
- The light bulb is yet another one of America's pastimes, and it has been for over 100 years.
- The trumpet sound Jory was "expecting" that Jon edited in is the same trumpet fanfare Jon uses to introduce new microwave girls on their first appearance.
- It is unknown if the mercury light bulb Samantha microwaved in episode #166 for the season 6 finale was the exact same type of light bulb Sandra microwaved in this episode. At any rate, neither Sandra nor Samantha had the "necessary gusto" to break the bulb.
- Obviously, nobody sent the guys more mercury light bulbs, because, for the "next 4th of July", which was in less than 30 episodes, Helga microwaved fireworks, not a mercury light bulb.
- While being microwaved, the bulb apparently was so hot, it melted the top a little bit.
- Jon: If this were in wattage, I think it's in, like, the 600 category!
Jory: I think it's, like, 6000! It's 6K! I know you're gonna, like, comment on this, but I really don't care! I don't!
- Jory: It's like a rainbow all at once!
- Jory: Next 4th of July, folks, 4 of these in a microwave, if you wanna send them to us, 'cause we don't have any more!
- Jon: It's glowing like Tesla's Death Coil!
- Jon: It's giving off its own power! With this light bulb, you can power the city of Manhattan for 69 seconds!
- Jory: Well, what do we do NOW? I don't wanna touch it!
- Jory: I'm seeing, like, that green spot. I don't wanna know where it goes to, folks! Folks, if you fabricate a safe/microwave, I will do this the rest of the way, but until then, this is all you're getting out of this!
- Jory: Brilliant show, and do you have a socket that would fit that? It's useless, anyway, folks. Microwave it! Do yourself a favor! It'll actually work now- that's its socket!