|"3x016 - Highlighters"|
|Season 3, Experiment No. 60|
|Upload date:||March 23, 2008|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Ryan Lewis (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#59: Barbie doll|
|Next Episode:||#61: Vinyl records|
- "Highlighting entire pages" is yet another one of America's pastimes.
- Sadly, unlike the laser disc, nobody donated a book with a highlighter, as Jory suggested at the end of this episode. However, due to Hypercoaster suggesting to Jon to finally do this idea in season 10, the guys microwaved Twilight and highlighters in episode #289. Just as Jory predicted, the highlighters exploded all over the book and instantly highlighted words for the guys.
- Jory mentions G.E. and Emerson as other microwave brands in this episode. Interestingly, although Jon and Jory both went to Emerson College, they've never had an Emerson microwave on the show until the appearance of Margaret II in season 8.
- There seems to be a hair-like substance/fabric inside of highlighters.
- Highlighters in a microwave as of July 2013 became somewhat of a meme, meaning that not only did this video see an increase in views, but so did other highlighter videos on other microwave shows, including the largely unknown microwaving shows.
- Jory: Nobody likes roasted nuts- cajun, anything! Nobody likes those!
- Jory: We were thinking about GE or Emerson. No! Sharp carousel, baby! Sandra all the way!
- Jory: I hope the highlighters are non-toxic...
Jon: Oh, well. Not the worst thing we've inhaled!
- Jon: (as Jory opens up Sandra) Oh! Another big smoke bomb, yet again!
- Jory: I'd definitely say it was the yellow one that exploded.
- Jon: Oh it's up there!
Jon: The yellow one was on the roof of the microwave! I would say so, too!
- Jory: In fact, if you mail me the book and a highlighter, I'll do that for you. If you're an artist, I won't. I'm not gonna make you money!