|"3x023 - Everlasting Gobstoppers"|
|Season 3, Experiment No. 67|
|Upload date:||April 24, 2008|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Previous Episode:||#66: Water balloon|
|Next Episode:||#68: TV remote|
- Jory says in this episode that this is the JCML "part deux", so apparently, there were no changes in the number between seasons 2 and 3, despite them having real masks for the first half of season 3.
- Notice that, after Jory poured out some of the Gobstoppers into Helga, no green Gobstoppers came out, and thus, no green Gobstoppers were microwaved "free style."
- Jon mentions the episode of Mythbusters where jawbreakers were microwaved, so Gobstoppers (being mini jawbreakers) were probably chosen to be microwaved in an attempt to replicate the Mythbuster results.
- Even though it's not explicitly stated, it's pretty obvious that the original Willy Wonka movie is Jon's favorite, due to the fact that he quotes it often throughout the series, including in this episode.
- After being microwaved, Gobstoppers smell like "fake fruit that's been charred."
- Jory: Here at the Jory Caron Laboratory, safety is our number-one concern... Well, it's at least in the top 5!
Jon: At least, at LEAST top 5! Maybe top 4!
- Jory: There are a LOT of Gobstoppers in there, and they say they're "everlasting", but guess what? I don't think they are! Helga is a BIG GIRL! And big girls like food!
- Jon: Stay tuned!
Jory: Oh, you'd better believe you're staying tuned right now!
- Jory: (sighs) A lot of this is gonna get cut out, 'cause it's boring! This is where you'd use the radial wipe to show that time has passed.
Jon: Radial wipe!
- Jon: If we stay really quiet, the ghost of Willy Wonka himself will come back to life. "Good day, sir!"
Jory: While this is going, I'm going to throw out there as a poll question right now, "Which Willy Wonka movie did you guys like the most?" Discuss! You may be wondering, like, which one is MY favorite, and I'm not gonna tell you!
Jory: You can just kiss my ass!
- Jory: It's like a steaming turd!
Jon: A steaming turd?
Jory: A steaming turd!
- Jon: What the hell?! I think you might want to change your verdict! I think you just created a new sealant compound!
- Jory: Gobstopper epoxy!
- Jory: (all in one breath) That's about it for "Is it a Good Idea to Microwave This?" I'm your host, Jory Caron, let's get outta here!