|"3x029 - Coconut"|
|Season 3, Experiment No. 73|
|Upload date:||May 14, 2008|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Previous Episode:||#72: Hair Spray Can|
|Next Episode:||#74: Batteries|
- The time used, 35 minutes, was the longest microwave time on the show until season 7, when 80:08 was used for calculators. Still, the coconut was in for 15 minutes, which still is the longest time something was in the microwave.
- We learn that Helga is from Austria.
- We also learn about Helga's family. She has two sisters, Olga and Gretchen, who are also from Austria. Jory said, "You may be thinking [her sisters] are Sandra and Diane. No, they're not related." This established the fact that, unless otherwise noted (such as in the case of twins Cinnamon and Gladys, and Unnamed and Susan), none of Jory's microwave girls are related. We don't learn anything about Olga and Gretchen, but we do learn from Jory that, out of the three sisters, "Helga's the biggest, Helga's the best."
- Jory put duct tape on Helga's door, to prevent the door from opening.
- Jory uses his season 3 trademark poker again.
- Jon realizes after the microwaving that the orange covering left on the coconut was probably the reason it didn't explode.
- Because of the items that turned out to be duds for season 3 finales, Jon decided to give the viewers a good finale regardless, hence why we have the extra episodes without the lab setup and tinfoil shield. The clip show intro and outro were obviously filmed right after this and not in May.
- Jory:You know, for more than 70 episodes, I've been going cocoa, for coconuts!
- Jon: You're concerned for your well-being. I get it.
Jory: You can tell I'm not as concerned for Helga's well-being, but she knew what she was getting into when she took on the job. I think I made that clear to her. If I didn't, I'm really sorry!
Jon: Sorry, Helga!
- Jory: I'd much rather be watching the Lifetime channel right now!
- Jory: (after hitting his head on the stairs) Your stairs are really uncomfortable.
Jon: I'm sorry, Jory. "Sorry I couldn't build you a better ship, Rose." Everybody loves Titanic references!
- Jon: With snazzy camera angles and fast camera edits, we'll make it appear as if we're having a good time!
Jory: I'm picking my ear right now!