|"4x001 - Portable TV"|
|Season 4, Experiment No. 76|
|Upload date:||June 29, 2008|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Previous Episode:||#75: NiCd batteries|
|Next Episode:||#77: Fireworks|
- With the beginning of this new season, there are many minor detail changes to the series that have now become standard and expected. Starting with this episode, Jon writes annotations regularly for each episode, he introduces the microwave's name and brand with a graphic, and he includes bloopers/outtakes at the end of every episode. Also, Jory begins to put out fires with his gloves.
- Another change in this episode that only lasts through season 5 is the elimination of a true theme song. Jon only put a quick title card for seasons 4-5, and later for season 9 as well.
- Yet another change exists in the "good idea box." This season, Jory puts all of the good ideas in a Jimmy Dean sausage box. This feature was abandoned after season 4, probably because Jory often gave away the verdict before he said it, just by where he placed the item.
- Still another change is that season debuts no longer featured a larger scale conglomerate of their three favourite items from the previous season like seasons 2 and 3 did. Season 2 had a light bulb, toothpaste, and three soy sauce packets. Season 3 had a dozen eggs, three bars of soap, and a lighter. They would never again return to the conglomerate season debuts.
- A final change is that this season is the only one without a sidekick. It is just Jon, Jory, Helga, and Lacey.
- This episode is trivia-worthy for the fact that Helga makes history here by being the only microwave to return for another season.
- Jory thinks that the TV is playing Sex and the City when he puts it in Helga. It also is playing a Band-Aid commercial. This is one of the few episodes where the microwaved item is turned on while being microwaved.
- The episode starts with a flashback from episode #75.
- Jory starts the intro in his old monotone character.
- The TV is microwaved on ultra-high frequency.
- Jory: So, this portable TV, it gets ultra-high frequency, very high frequency, and it also picks up microwaves!
- Jory: As always, we have our Sharp microwave. Notice how I didn't say "carousel." You may have seen the last episode, and you know nothing spins in there anymore.
- Jon: Things are really heating up in the city this week! Tune in to see why Carrie is on fire!
- Jon: It's like Quasimodo got hit head-on by a semi-truck!
- Jon: You have goggles on, you lucky prick!
Jory: Why? What is it doing to your eyes right now?
Jon: Bad things!