|"4x003 - Bubble Gum"|
|Season 4, Experiment No. 78|
|Upload date:||July 5, 2008|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Previous Episode:||#77: Fireworks|
|Next Episode:||#79: iPod|
- This episode begins with Jory announcing that Helga has died. There really was no announcement needed, considering that Helga got a funeral montage in the previous episode, but this was the first time Jon added a funeral montage, so Jory felt he needed to say something.
- Despite announcing that Helga died, she actually survived, but was injured to the point of retirement, by the fact that the timer and the dish spinner still worked, but not the heater.
- The outtake at the end shows Jon and Jory discovering that Helga was no longer good for experiments. She had the bubble gum inside of her, but it didn't even get warm. This was the clue that she had been badly injured to the point of retirement.
- Lacey is the first non-Sharp carousel microwave on the show. Her brand, GE turntable, is the second-most used brand on the show, after Sharp carousel.
- This episode has a flashback from the previous episode.
- Jory says that he has bought two new microwaves, one obviously being Lacey. The other may have been lame-ass Vanessa.
- This episode has the first "that's what she said" (in annotations).
- This is the first experiment with bubble in its name to do something interesting (the other two bubble solution and bubble wrap did nothing).
- Jory: I have some bad news for you all at home. If there are any children in the room, they should probably leave now... Or watch. That works, too. The bad news is that Helga is dead... It's tragic, I know. But there's some good news- I already purchased two more microwaves. So, there will be no delay to your microwaving enjoyment, pleasure, you sick freaks!
- Jory: I named her "Lacey", because she's petite and kind of cute. I think so!
- Jory: [Lacey] might have been expecting, like, a Hot Pocket or a burrito. Instead, it's got bubble gum!
- Jory: It's like a bubble gum pancake!
- Jon: This microwave's actually clean. You probably could, technically, eat it.
Jory: I didn't technically clean it, so I'm not going to technically do anything to it, actually...
- Jory: That is NOT a fun consistency!
- Jon: It looks kind of like caramel and maple syrup mixed together, and it smells like cotton candy, for those wondering.
- Jory: You'll turn pink and happy bubble gum into brown, stinky, kind-of-like-the-sh*ts bubble gum!