|"5x006 - Rubik's cube"|
|Season 5, Experiment No. 108|
|Upload date:||November 15, 2008|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#107: 35 mm film trailer|
|Next Episode:||#109: Gun caps|
- Dan Brown donated the solved Rubik's cube. This is how the gang's friendship with him began.
- Dan Brown is in a cameo in the intro, the first person outside of the JCML to be on the show.
- According to Dan Brown, the solved Rubik's cube was difficult to turn, so he "lubricated" it to make it more flexible.
- Jon keeps a Rubik's cube on his desk. He does not know how to solve it without the help of Dan Brown, though. The Rubik's cube serves the function of holding "Whatzits" cards during Game Time on the live show.
- Jory: It's all about who you know, and you don't know very good people!
- Jory: And, as always, the Sharp carousel microwave, Tracy. At the end of the day, when I solve a Rubik's cube, I want someone who can, like, congratulate me and, you know, just know my needs, and Tracy can do all of that and more!
- Jon: Dude, Rubik's has nine sides!
Jory: No, it has six sides! So, six minutes?
Jon: So, do six minutes!
Riley: Fail, fail! (mocking Jon) "Six sides!"
Jory: (mocking Jon) "It has nine sides!" Nine cubes, I think you meant?
Jon: I was thinking of the nine cubes on each side, is what I meant! That's what I meant!
- Jon: Rock out with your cock out!
- Jon: Masks on! Oh, I wish I HAD a mask, you lucky pricks!