|"5x014 - Blender"|
|Season 5, Experiment No. 116|
|Upload date:||December 11, 2008|
|Experiment time:||"Ground meat" ("5" under "food")|
|Experiment Outcome:||Yes, It Microwaves!|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#115: Pikachu|
|Next Episode:||#117: Amp tubes|
Inspired by Tom Dickson's "Will it Blend?" show, the microwave team decided to microwave a blender. Only the jug can go in as the entire blender was too big to stuff inside Tracy. So they microwave the jug till it sparked slightly from the bottom. The top lid and some of the bottom bit was melted, rendering the blender completely useless to fit on the electric chassis.
So will it Microwave? Yes, it Microwaves! - Counts as a good idea!
Also, this experiment eventually led to Jon meeting Tom Dickson in person a month later.
- This is the first "Yes, it microwaves!" It is also the second time a verdict has appeared without the word "idea."
- The microwave show was, of course, originally started as a parody of "Will it Blend?", and this episode was an homage to "Will it Blend?" The microwave show has, however, passed its predecessor in both popularity and subscribers.
- This is the first time Jon uses the microwave timer graphic/effect. He filmed his microwave clock counting down from 10 minutes, and it has been used in every episode since. It is a nice way for the viewers to know exactly when something happened in the microwave.
- Jon says in this episode that he bought the blender off of Craig's List for $5. He also bought a season 5 microwave (probably Tracy, since she microwaved the blender) and a $4 iron (which was microwaved in season 8) from the same seller.
- This was the second kitchen appliance to be microwaved.
- They only used the cup of the blender because the whole blender wouldn't fit inside of Tracy.
- Riley: Have you ever seen "Will it Blend?"
Jory: "Will it What?"
Riley: That is the question!
- Jory: And, as always, the Sharp carousel microwave, brought to you by Sharp. Remember- together, we can! Tracy, thank you very much! Let's put the blender inside this microwave, this honky-tonk girl!
- Riley: This is full of plagiarism, huh? You know what I'm sayin'?
Jory: Don't plagiarize this! Or we'll hack you!
- Jory: Blender smoke- don't breathe this!
Jory: -fart- Don't breathe this!