|"5x016 - Hot Wheels"|
|Season 5, Experiment No. 118|
|Upload date:||December 16, 2008|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#117: Amp tubes|
|Next Episode:||#119: Etch-a-Sketch|
- The Hot Wheels cars, as well as several other season 5 experiments, were sold on e-Bay. The last thing for the show that Jon sold on e-Bay was Summer's door, but he kept getting false bids and nobody actually bought it. Now, Jon has declared that he's done with e-Bay.
- Jory's lower third reads "unlicensed driver." At the time this was filmed, Jory's driver's license had expired, and he had failed to renew it, since he mostly rides his bike.
- Jory has since renewed his license, and he drove the Ford Fiesta quite a bit. However, he never got a Massachusetts license. He just renewed his New Hampshire one.
- Only two of the cars were actual Hot Wheels. The other two were "cheap imitators." The blue car that "won" was a real Hot Wheels.
- Jory: And, as always, the Sharp carousel microwave. I just love pushing her buttons, you know? Have you ever had a woman like that?
- Riley: (in exaggerated Boston accent) What was Jeff Gordon's number? 24?
- Jory: So, this one I don't think ever caught fire.
Riley: Nice! The blue car is the winner!
Jon: Blue car wins!
- Jory: I'm your host, Jory Caron, signing off. "Signing off"? What?
Jon: "Finishing up"? I don't know!
Riley: This isn't AOL!