|"5x018 - Digital camera"|
|Season 5, Experiment No. 120|
|Upload date:||December 22, 2008|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jory Caron|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#119: Etch-a-Sketch|
|Next Episode:||#121: Disco ball|
- This is Jon's first time hosting.
- This is also the first time a microwave has been killed by somebody other than Jory.
- Jon hosted this episode, because it was a camera and he's always behind the camera.
- In the past, Jon always encouraged Jory to keep the microwave fire going, but Jory cut it. Jon learned his lesson in this episode, when extended fire time made Tracy die. Now, Jon is in agreement with Jory, and they both feel that, once something catches on fire, that's all it will do and they might as well shut the microwave off to prevent killing it.
- The digital camera let off a mysterious green light after it was microwaved.
- The fake ATM PIN number Jon gave was 5621.
- The funeral montage of Tracy did not have a white glow in the corners.
- This was the first time when the timer was only seen while the camera focused on the microwave.
- Jon: Jory, is this what you put up with every week?
Jory: Uh, yeah.
Jon: This asshole interrupts you every time you try to say a goddamn...?
Jory: Twice, twice a week, actually...
Jon: So, you're trying to tell me that, every time you try to say a catchphrase, this stupid jackass comes out of nowhere and just interrupts you?
Jory: I don't know what you're talking about!
- Jon: (realizes he doesn't have camera) Aw, shit! Oh, man! There's so much to remember when you're hosting! This is a really hard job. I don't know how [Jory] does it!
- Jon: This is just a lot of burning. I've noticed the fifth season of "Is it a Good Idea to Microwave This?", you know, I edit it every week, I've noticed I feel like I'm editing fire. It's just a lot of fire.
Jory: So, Tracy gives you a burning sensation?
Jon: All the time! Am I right, am I right? I mean, jeez, I'm getting sloppy seconds over here, but Christ! This chick's on fire all the time.
- Jory: If pictures are a thousand words, how many words do you think this is?
Jon: I'm gonna say at least, like, five, six, maybe? This is what I'm talkin' about right here!
Jory: It's actually only three words: "camera on fire."
- Jory: Jory's gonna be pissed! Seriously, don't tell him!
- Jon: (in exaggerated Boston accent) We put that in there for five minutes. If Jory were doing this, he probably would have stopped it at, like, one, 'cause he's a pansy!