|"5x019 - Disco ball"|
|Season 5, Experiment No. 121|
|Upload date:||December 23, 2008|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#120: Digital camera|
|Next Episode:||#122: Digital pet|
- The big disco ball was donated by "Live Time" moderator CJ, who had his first radio interview with Jon and Jory before filming of the season 5 intros began.
- This episode came out in time for Christmas, because the disco ball also looked like a Christmas ornament.
- Jon mentioned in the annotations that the "hopefully" all three of them said simultaneously during Whoopi's intro was not planned.
- Whoopi is the first microwave girl since Sandra to have a handle for her door instead of a button.
- Whoopi was named for comedienne Whoopi Goldberg, since neither of them have eyebrows.
- This episode's outtakes is the first time Jory sings Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl", the second being in the LED stuff outtakes.
- Jory: And some say, "Disco is dead." And I say, "I actually killed it in my microwave!"
- Jory: It's to protect our nuts, because nobody likes roasted...
Riley: (interrupts) Balls! Disco balls, in their microwave!
- Jory: Ooh! Look at that! Nice, big, spacious interior!
Jon: Oh, yeah!
Riley: More junk in da trunk, if you know what I mean!
- Jon: Dude, in honor of the 1970s and disco as a whole, put it in there for 7 minutes!
Jory: I thought you were gonna say 19:70!
Jon: Just do it, man!
- Jon: Aw, dudes, you can see inside her. Whoopi! Am I right? Come on, disco! Whoopi!
- Jory: So, now, they're all adhesively stuck to the tray, which is awesome, because I have to use this tray again!
- Jon: Yeah, dude, fight the disco! (singing) Shake your booty, shake your booty!
- Jory: We took something that was really cool and made it into something that's just a sticky ball. And no one likes sticky balls, right?
Jon: I hate sticky balls, almost as much as I hate disco!