|"5x021 – Thermite"|
|Season 5, Experiment No. 123|
|Upload date:||December 30, 2008|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#122: Digital pet|
|Next Episode:||#124: ET Atari game|
- The disappointing results of the thermite from Whoopi shutting off may be redeemed someday. Jon and Jory planned to do thermite with a magnesium strip for a season finale in the future, but they have never done one before. Whoopi burning into oblivion from activated thermite could have also caused a serious house fire due to it being done in the lab.
- Whoopi really does seem to like pottery. She also has pottery in her in the CO2 canister episode.
- This is the first appearance of a fire extinguisher on the show.
- Jory didn't give a true verdict in this episode. Jon just put "bad idea."
- Jory: This [thermite] creates molten iron when I burn it. So, I'm thinking, uh, connection! Terminator, destruction [in] molten iron, right? So, let's microwave this sh*t!
- Jon: Riley, how old is that thing [the fire extinguisher]?
- Jon: Riley, you're standing by with the fire extinguisher.
Riley: I don't trust this bitch!
Jon: She almost killed Jory in that last experiment. She tried some sneaky moves there!