|"5x029 - Black light"|
|Season 5, Experiment No. 131|
|Upload date:||January 22, 2009|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#130: iDog|
|Next Episode:||#132: CO2 canister|
- The "African-American light" was microwaved in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday, but the episode ended up not airing on his birthday.
- Since this was the last non-finale episode of the season, Riley purposely did not interrupt Jory, and the "roasted nuts" line was finally said in completion.
- For some reason, the black light gave off more bluish-purple light on camera than it really did in the laboratory. This may have been because the camera picked up more UV rays.
- Jory: It's an African-American light.
Jon: Jory, don't you mean "black light"?
Jory: No, they don't actually like to be called that. It's just an African-American light. And, you know, I have a dream that this will be in my microwave in the next 5 minutes.
- Jon: We never give any of our microwaves a last name.
Jory: It's "Caron."
Jon: "Whoopi Caron"? Oh! Oh, I just got it!
Jory: I make them take my last name, and then, I kill 'em... They want pre-nups. I'm, like, "No!"
- Jory: Yeah, it's an African-American light, and don't ever disrespect them like that again, or Whoopi will kick your ass!
Jon: Whoopi's black, too. She knows what this is about!
- Jon: Stick your long, fluorescent tube inside Whoopi!
- Jon: (referring to camera zoom) Let's start out close, and then, pull out.
Jory: Oh, yeah! That's what she said!
- Jory: Am I feeling some excitement? Is it palpable? Can I taste it? I think I can! (to Riley) Can you taste it right now?
Riley: I can taste a LOT of things right now!
Jon: I think it's the battery acid!
Jory: I think it's the fillet of fish we had right there! That was the worst day!