|"6x004 - Projector lamp"|
|Season 6, Experiment No. 137|
|Upload date:||April 9, 2009|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#136: Lithium Polymer battery|
|Next Episode:||#138: Twinkie|
What would the microwave show be without tradition, am I right? So, in honor of their timeless first experiment, Jon and Jory venture out to microwave a light bulb. Riley thinks that they're running out of ideas, but really, they're just honoring tradition. The projector bulb created a pretty cool result. It barely caught on fire, but it lit up like a lighthouse and search tower. Jon said that it would be a good way to find one's way through the kitchen at night, and that's why it's a good idea.
- Jon places "safety" at #5 on the "priority list." #1 is "explosions."
- This is the second time that a microwave girl has not been named by Jory. The first time was with Jon's suggestion of Jasmine's name.
- The story behind Jackie's pumpkin sticker is a mystery. The guys didn't seem to notice it was there before they introduced Jackie, and we have no idea why Jackie's previous owner branded her with the sticker.
- This episode introduces Jackie's intellectual side, only later would we discover her wild nature.
- This episode led to a YouTube hater by the name of Moneymaster93 to post a very unfriendly video response. In the video response, moneymaster93 complains about how stupid he finds the microwave show. The following day, Jon and Jory posted their own video response, where they facetiously mimic moneymaster93's shortcomings and prove that they don't really care who likes or dislikes their show. Due to him wearing a blanket up to his neck, which Jon and Jory mimicked in their video, Jon and Jory branded moneymaster93 "the douche with a Snuggie", which is now his monker to all MicroKnights. moneymaster93's quote "I don't wanna see your sh*t!" is now also famous.
- One point that moneymaster93 went on and on about in his video was that Jon and Jory keep microwaving the same things. Jon and Jory, naturally, sarcastically mocked this point, as well, by saying how they keep doing different types of bulbs. But what isn't clear is why moneymaster93 thought that bringing up the repeated microwaving of light bulbs was an original point to begin with. After all, that was the whole joke that Riley and Jory did for the intro.
- Jackie started up on March 7, 2009 at 2:33AM after Beatrice died.
- Jory: I've thought about my safety a couple of times...
- Jon: (singing) Checkin' out the laboratory, it still smells like battery acid!
- Riley: How 'bout "Pumpkin", 'cause there's a pumpkin on it? Or "Jackie"? Jackie!
Jory: Jackie, Jackie! I do like that!
- Jon: Talk about a class lecture- this thing is just schooling me right now!
- Jory: Oh, that smells bad!
Jon: Yeah, what DOESN'T on this show?!
- Jon: You just don't wanna run aground, you know!
Jory: Yeah, 'cause that's embarrassing! Jon: "Honey, I've run aground again!"
- Jory: It's mask time!
Riley: Your mask keeps falling off!
Jory: Yeah, that's 'cause it's a piece-of-sh*t mask!