|"6x006 - Pokemon toys"|
|Season 6, Experiment No. 139|
|Upload date:||April 15, 2009|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#138: Twinkie|
|Next Episode:||#140: Newton's cradle|
After the horrific experience of Pikachu emerging from the bowels of Tracy, the guys want to re-microwave Pokemon, in order to make it a pleasant experience. This time, not only does Pikachu get microwaved, he is also joined by Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, and a Pokeball. Pikachu had flames come out of his ass, and Charmander and Bulbasaur melted. All three were able to be peeled apart by Jory. Squirtle, however, remained relatively intact; Jory could not even pull him open. As a reward for this fortitude, Squirtle got to enjoy a refreshing Capri Sun treat 20 episodes later. Good idea? Absolutely. Fictional characters might as well be put to the test in a microwave.
- Not only was Jory's original "Pikachu, I choose you" intro used in episode #115, the time chosen for microwaving, 1:50, was also used in episode #115.
- This is one of the few times we see Riley give the tin foil shield/safety speech.
- Few know this, but the Jory Caron Pokemon comes with atomic microwaving powers.
- Few also know this, but when the Pikachu species gets microwaved, they have a stroke.
- This is Jackie's third "good idea" in a row. No microwave up to this point has ever had their first three experiments be "good ideas."
- When this episode came out, Jon noted that they know that microwaves work by heating water molecules, and that Jory was just being funny when he said that the reason Squirtle wasn't affected was due to being a water-based Pokemon.
- This episode has 14 seconds of black space at the end that Jon accidentally put there while editing.
- Jory: Pikachu, I choose you to get in my microwave!
Jon: Jory, we've already used that. That's an old joke... Jory: Squirtle, I choose YOU to get in my microwave! (looks to Jon for reassurance) Is that okay? Is that better?
- Riley: Jory Caron, I choose you!
- Jon: Which one is she? I've already forgotten?
Jory: I believe that'd be "Jackie", my dear!
- Jon: Bulbasaur's attack? Plants?! Oh, yeah, real useful!
Jory: I think Pikachu's is spontaneous combusion!
- Jory: Pokeball? Poke-failure!