|"6x012 - Zune"|
|Season 6, Experiment No. 145|
|Upload date:||May 7, 2009|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#144: Dildo|
|Next Episode:||#146: Toaster|
Despite the past hatred for Apple products, the gang microwave a Microsoft Zune, because, let's face it- Zunes are the Vanessa Microwave of MP3 players. And like any substandard product, the Zune gave a substandard result after microwaving. While the iPod produced a brilliant explosion, the Zune didn't do anything besides catch on fire... That is, until Jory went to put out the fire. The battery exploded only seconds after Jory pulled his hand away from the remnants, giving Jory yet another season 6 instance where he narrowly escaped severe injury.
- When first released, this episode caused a bit of a stir, because everyone expected the microwaved item to be Pop Rocks, not a Zune. Jon had put Pop Rocks on the annotation in the previous episode by mistake. Pop Rocks had originally been on the list of items to microwave for season 6, but it was changed to a Zune before filming. Interestingly, Pop Rocks have never been microwaved before on the show.
- In this episode, Jory shows off his remarkable battery smell detection ability. He surmised that the Zune had a lithium polymer battery just from its smell.
- This episode marks the shortest good idea/bad idea verdict: "Yeah, so, uh... No!"
- Jory: But can your [iPhone] do this?
Riley: Not have a battery?
- Riley: I mean, who uses Zunes?!
Jory: No one! Let's microwave it!
- Jory: That is one thing we've thought about--our nuts. I think about mine daily.
Jon: I like to stroke mine daily! Oh, wait--did I say that out loud?!
- Jory: It looks like a dick exploded in there! [referring to Jackie]
Jon: Oh wait, that is what happened!
- Jory: We're OGs, OMGs, Original Microwave Gangsters! OMG!
- Jory: Second time this season that I could have lost my hand. Interesting factoid--same hand!
- Riley: What's your favorite piece of wood? Oak or cherry? Oak, cherry?