|"6x016 - Paintballs"|
|Season 6, Experiment No. 149|
|Upload date:||May 21, 2009|
|Experiment time:||"Popcorn" setting (1:53)|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Previous Episode:||#148: Robosapien|
|Next Episode:||#150: Video camera|
Jackie wants to go play a rousing game of paintball with Jory, so Jory puts some paintballs inside her first, to see how good of a player she'll be. The paintballs really did nothing of interest during the actual microwaving. There were a couple of sparks, but those were probably from bits of Robosapien. However, there was quite a show when Jory opened the microwave. The red and black paintball shells had exploded, leaving this egg yolk-yellow mess all over Beatrice's replacement plate. Jon said it looked like an alien on Star Trek died, and that it was one of the most disgusting things they've ever done on the show. Jory said that he thought it would be great for paintball, though, since your opponent would be more pissed if you hit them with the microwaved paintball remains than with a regular paintball. Thus, it was a good idea, and Jackie proved herself worthy as a paintball player.
- "Shooting stuff" is yet another one of America's pastimes.
- This is the first intro where Riley personally introduces himself.
- Riley also doesn't appear in this episode, for the same reason mentioned in the previous episode. Jory makes a reference to Riley not being there in this episode, which he didn't in the previous episode.
- Jackie's "popcorn" setting "auto-goes off.", perhaps because she's still mad at Jory for forgetting her brand name.
- The scene where Jory dumps the paintball mess onto the victim's tray is a part of the season 6 title sequence.
- The key to getting the lithium dust and fire extinguisher residue off of Beatrice's replacement plate appears to be pouring paint from paintballs on it and wiping it clean.
- The Nicolas Cage movie Jon was referencing was Next.
- Jory: Wait- isn't there, like, usually more nuts to be protected?
Jon: No, I just see you!
Jory: When was the last time you saw Riley?
- Jory: And, as always, we have the GE turntable microwave oven. Her name is Jackie, and she is one of the most beautiful microwaves...
Jon: (interrupts) Jack-a-licious!
Jory: "Jack-a-licious"? Jack-amazing!
Jon: Jack... Jack-mazing!
Jory: Jack-atastic! Jack-attack!
- Jon: Well, do you think paintballs will be anything like popcorn? They're both compound words that start with the letter "P", but what else do they have in common?
- Jory: It actually looks like egg!
Jon: It looks like a breakfast omelette with little nougats of sh*t in it!
- Jory: Hello, and welcome to "Is it a Good Idea to Microwave This?" I'm your host, Jory Caron.
Riley: And I'm your host, Riley McIlwain. What?! No, I'm not!