|"6x018 - Silly Putty"|
|Season 6, Experiment No. 151|
|Upload date:||May 28, 2009|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#150: Video Camera|
|Next Episode:||#152: Guitar Strings|
Jory continues with the season 5 tradition of microwaving famous childhood toys by putting Silly Putty into Jackie. Not much really happened to the Silly Putty itself, to Jon's amazement. It looked and felt the same. However, the orange Silly Putty sparked terribly and gave off white-hot sparks that ended up breaking Beatrice's replacement plate. The Silly Putty fused the broken glass together, so it wasn't shattered into pieces until Jory purposely broke it. Jory was so impressed by the unchanged consistency of the Silly Putty, as well as how the red Silly Putty took the form of its plastic egg container more after microwaving, that he proclaimed that this was a good idea.
- Beatrice's replacement plate breaks inside Jackie in this episode. As Jon notes, this is the first time in any season that a microwave girl had two plates break.
- This is also the first time since experiment #62 where a part of another microwave has been used in a current microwave. Just like Diane's spirit rose to kill Sandra, Beatrice's spirit rose to break her replacement plate inside Jackie.
- One MicroKnight once made a fascinating observation in the comment section for this episode- they said that both experiments that broke a plate in Jackie (Nerf gun and Silly Putty) had the same numbers in their microwave time. The Nerf gun used 4:32 as a time, and the Silly Putty used 3:42.
- Two colors of Silly Putty, red and orange, were microwaved. The red Silly Putty stayed inside of its container. The orange Silly Putty was put directly on the plate.
- The strange whirring sound that Jackie makes towards the end of the episode is the sound of a microwave orgasm when Jory played with her plate spinner.
- Jory: It bounces like rubber! It stretches like taffy! And all that in a convenient microwave!
- Jory: And, as always, our GE turntable microwave oven. Her name is Jackie, and, without her, is anything really possible? I don't think so!
Jon: We'd have to get another microwave, but yeah, I understand!
- Riley: Where's your mask, Jon? Jon, where's your mask?!
Jon: I forgot to put it on!
Jory: Damnit, Jon!
- Riley: (responding to Jackie being fingered to orgasm) I've never heard THAT noise before!
Jory: Well, you've never played around with microwaves, then...
- Jory: So, yeah, give the children what they deserve- untainted Silly Putty. And that's a good idea right there!