|"6x019 - Guitar strings"|
|Season 6, Experiment No. 152|
|Upload date:||May 31, 2009|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#151: Silly Putty|
|Next Episode:||#153: Peanut Butter|
Being big music fans, the gang throws three packs of guitar strings into faithful Jackie. The paper case and the guitar strings caught on fire almost instantly. Glowing embers were left on the victim's tray. Even though the hot guitar strings' metal melted part of Jory's glove, it still was a good idea. Why? Because the fire reminded everyone of pyrotechnics, and rock concerts always are better with pyrotechnics.
- MysteryGuitarMan does the collab intro.
- Jory appears in the collab intro; this is the only collab where one of the microwave show stars appears.
- The collab was shot in Jon's old Brookline, MA apartment one Thursday afternoon, a few hours before the live show, because MysteryGuitarMan also lives in the Boston area.
- Even though Jory is playing a Guitar Hero guitar in the collab intro, he hates to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band.
- Jon thinks that 1979, which was used for the microwave time, was the best year in rock 'n roll history.
- We learn that Riley actually knows how to play guitar.
- This would be Jackie's last "good idea." However, she is the microwave to have the most strings of consecutive "good ideas."
- Jory: I just got this new guitar... It's pretty nice. I think it's top of the line! So, I wanna, like, take it to a party, you know, and wow some people. So, if you could just show me something, like, basic.
MysteryGuitarMan: Just something simple like: [Plays Guitar] Try that.
Jory: Okay, so that was um... yellow, red, blue, red, orange? I'm not even close am I? Was up it up here?
- Jory: (really fast and hyper) That's why we also have this fan, to circulate the air, so our lungs, you know, keep functioning, and we also have this GE turntable microwave oven. Her name is Jackie, and I love her to death! Open up the microwave- aw, there's no tray! How could that have happened?! Maybe because this bitch killed TWO of them! But that's what we want from a metal microwave, am I right, am I right?
- Riley: Remember when you were a kid, and, you know, fire used to be a cool thing?
Jory: Never was a kid!
- Jory: Do you think we wanna just let this kill the microwave?
Jon: No, I really like Jackie. She's, like, my favorite!
- Jon: Rock 'n roll a'int noise pollution, but this thing's gonna pollute my lungs!
- Jory: [The guitar strings] melted my glove. That piece of sh*t! That's the scene of the crime right there!
- Jory: Star power!