|"6x020 - Peanut butter"|
|Season 6, Experiment No. 153|
|Upload date:||June 4, 2009|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#152: Guitar strings|
|Next Episode:||#154: Slinky|
It's June 5, 2009, and Jon, Jory, and Riley have a jar of peanut butter that expired on June 4, 2009. So, what better way to get rid of this expired product than to throw it in the microwave? The end result was a bad idea all around. The peanut butter became crusty and looked like diarrhea. It was not a pleasant experience, but it did make the lab smell like a Fluffernutter, so that was something.
- The jar of peanut butter used in this experiment was bought a year prior to filming and initially was going to be used in season 3.
- Interestingly enough, Jackie likes peanut butter. It's one of her favorite foods.
- Jory eats some of the peanut butter after microwaving. Jon and Riley are horrified, thinking Jory instantly got cancer.
- This would be the second time Jackie got gonorrhea.
- Jon: What've you guys got there?
Jory: Peanut butter- it's sticking to the roof of my mouth!
- Jory: Peanut butter, to me, kinda sounds like a 6-minute-and-10-second item.
- Jory: You know how there's smoky bacon? Imagine smoky peanut butter with, like, the same smoke flavoring. It almost makes the peanut butter taste the way the microwave smells. I'm just gonna go ahead and say, "Bad idea to microwave peanut butter." It catches the thing on fire, and then, how much peanut butter do you have left? Not much!