|"6x031 - Flash paper"|
|Season 6, Experiment No. 164|
|Upload date:||July 12, 2009|
|Experiment time:||1:00 (3 minutes added along with tin foil)|
|Experiment Outcome:||Awesome Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#163: PlayStation Portable|
|Next Episode:||#165: Silly String|
Jory wants to see magic happen inside of Samantha, so he microwaves flash paper. For their first attempt, the boys put in several sheets of flash paper, but nothing interesting happens. Hoping to get the flash paper to ignite, the boys add the whole booklet of flash paper, in addition to a ball of tin foil. The tin foil sparked, igniting the flash paper, and a large and powerful blast illuminated the lab. Riley commented on how the flames seemed to come out of the microwave.
- This is the only experiment besides the ping-pong balls where the microwave item completely disintegrated.
- On the live show the week after season 6 was filmed, Jon asked Jory what his favorite experiment result was for the new season. Jory replied that the flash paper was his favorite.
- In the season 6 donation video, Jon convinces scared Jory to throw a piece of flash paper into the lit fireplace. The resulting flash was about as great as the one in the episode, and Jory said that he couldn't see anything afterwards, he was so blinded.
- Jory was wrong that they'd think about safety in season 7. They started the season off with the air bag.
- Jory: "Magician's sidekick"- that's nice! Today, we're going to be microwaving flash paper. It's one of magic's biggest secrets. Sleight of hand!
- Jory: Here at the Jory Caron Laboratory, safety- we've thought about it, and we'll get back to you later. Maybe season 7!
- Jon: (singing to tune of Barry Manilow's "Mandy") Samantha! You came and you found me some flash paper!