|"6x032 - Silly String"|
|Season 6, Experiment No. 165|
|Upload date:||July 16, 2009|
|Experiment Outcome:||Boring Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#164: Flash paper|
|Next Episode:||#166: Gigantic mercury vapor light bulb|
It's the season 6 finale. Jory and Riley get excited about microwaving Silly String, and Jory uses one of the many cans they received via donations to cover Riley's shirt in Silly String. Ah, season 6- such a hilarious, magical season must have an impressive finale, right? Well, Silly String disappoints, with results about as interesting as TRESemme hairspray. The experiment sucks so badly that Jon tells Jory to move on to plan "B." What does plan "B" consist of? Watch episode #166 to find out!
- This episode shows how much has changed in terms of the guys' bravery on the show. Remember back in season 3 when Jory wouldn't touch aerosol cans (after microwaving) without a poker? Notice how, in this episode, he just picks the Silly String can up with his hands, with no fear at all.
- The ski goggles that Jory wears at the end of the episode would become his standard goggles in seasons 7 and 8. They were donated by a fan.
- Riley also began using the sidekick T-shirt he changed into as his standard shirt for the show. He wore the trademark "light bulb" shirt beforehand.
- Many cans of Silly String were donated for season 6, but the guys chose to microwave a can of glow-in-the-dark Silly String. Sadly, we never got to witness the glow-in-the-dark effect.
- The verdict of "boring idea" marks the end of the most non-"good" or "bad" ideas a microwave ever had. Samantha had five experiments that were labeled neither "good" nor "bad."
- The annotations say that this was done over two days, implying that they tried this once and failed to blow up the other can, too. Some have suggested that the silly string wasn't microwaved long enough and had the guys been patient, it would have popped. Another microwave show got theirs to pop after 13 minutes, backing up the claims.
- Jon: This is pretty great. I'm not gonna lie... Oh, wait- I am...
- Jon: Riley, when did you have time to change your shirt? And, Jory, where'd you get those goggles?
Jory: These old things? I've had them forever.
Riley: Do you know how long and boring that experiment was?! You're just sittin' here, watching the whole thing. I just snuck away the whole time! You didn't even notice I was gone!
Jory: Seriously, I had to find the Fountain of Youth, just so I would maintain this appearance!
- Riley: (in exaggerated Boston accent) Sup-ah boring.
Jory: (in Boston accent) Yeah, sup-ah boring.