|"6x033 - Gigantic mercury vapor light bulb"|
|Season 6, Experiment No. 166|
|Upload date:||July 17, 2009|
|Experiment time:||6:00 (7 minutes added later)|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#165: Silly String|
|Next Episode:||#167: Air bag|
For the true season 6 finale, the guys microwave a big, honkin' bulb inside Samantha. Alas, Samantha didn't have the necessary "gusto" to reach the extreme temperature (2012 degrees Farenheit) at which the bulb would break. But we still got to see a great light show that was reminiscent of the original mercury light bulb in season 3. This light show was so powerful that Jory could barely see where Samantha was when he went to add time to the microwave. The bulb was so hot that Jory's glove started to burn when he picked it up by the socket. Afraid to touch the glass part for fear of it shattering, Jory poured water all over the bulb, ruining Samantha in the meantime. The light show received rave reviews from the crew, and thus, it was labeled a "good idea."
- The only other time the guys have forgotten to take a previous experiment out of the microwave before the next experiment began was in season 1 with the soy sauce.
- Unlike the season 5 finale, the season 6 finale was filmed along with the rest of the season 6 episodes, not on a separate occasion.
- Samantha was retired with the ending of this sixth season. Jon did not add a retirement montage to the end of this video, presumably because he wasn't sure if Samantha would be coming back for season 7. During the live show the guys did for filming the season 7 intros, Jon asked Jory and Riley whether they should mention what happened to Samantha in the season premiere, or whether they should just never mention her again and have her "disappear" mysteriously. Jory and Riley both wanted Samantha to never be mentioned again. Jon said that she would be like Chuck Cunningham on Happy Days. So, to all you diehard Samantha fans out there, do not fear- Samantha was not forgotten.
- Although Jon did not make Samantha a retirement montage for the reason listed above, YouTube user Brawlover12 made Samantha a very sweet montage. It can be found in the video responses under episode #166.
- Jory: I mean, if you're going to have a bulb, you know, you might as well have a BULB!
- Jory: What season is this again? I'm just kidding- 6!
- Jory: It's a big, honkin' bulb!
Jon: It's is almost as big as my penis!
Jory: It's bigger than MY penis...
- Jory: Small bulbs blow up. Medium bulbs melt and blow up. Big bulbs? Nothing happens!
Jon: F*cking HUGE bulb!
Jory: Huge bulb! Try and find one that's about as big as Jon's dick, because, apparently, that's the size you're supposed to go with.