|"7x003 - Jiffy Pop"|
|Season 7, Experiment No. 169|
|Upload date:||October 11, 2009|
|Experiment time:||3:33 (5 minutes added later; then, 2-minute "popcorn cycle" added still later)|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain|
|Previous Episode:||#168: Glitter ball|
|Next Episode:||#170: NES and Atari|
- Tweeterman287 does the collab intro. Interestingly, he also donated the Jiffy Pop. This makes it the first, last, and only time the guys did a collab video with the person who donated the item.
- Jory was intially going to put the Jiffy Pop in for a "popcorn" setting, but Jon discouraged this idea, saying that it would probably start automatically.
- Jory notes that Penny turns in the opposite direction every other microwaving. First, she was going counterclockwise. Then, she was going clockwise.
- Jory: And, as always, our Panasonic microwave, Penny. She's served us well, even though she's only served us once.
Jon: That's what your mother said to me last night!
- Jory: See? There we go! Now, we have some dancin' there!
- Jory: (in bad infomercial accent) Hello, and welcome to "Is it a Good Idea to Microwave This?" I'm your host, Jory Caron.
Riley: And I'm your consumer sidekick, Riley McIlwain. Yay! How much can I get that for? How much can I get that for?
Jory: This right here is one thing of Jiffy Pop. It's as much fun to make as it is to eat. How much would you pay for this?
Riley: Oh, I don't know, maybe, like...
Jory: (interrupts) You're wrong! It's less than that. It's, like, a dollar, I think, I'm not sure, let's microwave it!
Honorable mention quote Edit
This quote it's from the first take of the original intro. It is only on Ustream.
- Jory: (in bad infomercial accent) Hi, I'm Jory. Please, put this in my microwave! I need popcorn now! How now? Right now! How now, brown cow? Jiffy Pop!