|"7x004 - NES and Atari 2600"|
|Season 7, Experiment No. 170|
|Upload date:||October 14, 2009|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain|
|Previous Episode:||#169: Jiffy Pop|
|Next Episode:||#171: Fluorescent lights|
This was a good idea, because the NES and Atari probably didn't work to begin with.
- Notice that, in this episode, Riley has his own pair of gloves, and that they are the gloves Jory used in seasons 2-3.
- Back to the Future III is Jon's favorite out of the trilogy.
- The reason Jory changed his mind about the time (from 9:99 to 9:59) is because Jon's microwave timer effect only counts down from 10 minutes. Jon warned Jory not to pick a time that was over 10 minutes, unless it was extremely over (i.e. 19:79 for guitar strings and 80:08 for calculators).
- Jory and Riley have never played the Atari.
- This episode demonstrates the awesome power of the new fan. However, the great fan had a downside to it. This season saw many complaints from Jon's parents' neighbors about the awful smell.
- The guys use Kaboom! as their cleaning implement this season, partially because of their Mighty Putty experiment in honor of the late Billy Mays.
- The NES was a donation from season 6, as you are able to see it near the fireplace propped up at an angle.
- Jory: Do you actually have controllers or just a joystick?
Riley: Do you have difficulties "A" and "B"?
Jory: Well, this IS a Nintendo.
Riley: There's only one way to settle this...
Jory and Riley: PONG-OFF!
- Jory: Penny is kind of a bitch of a microwave!
Jon: She certainly isn't a penny-pusher, that's for sure!
Jory: Yeah, "penny-pincher" is more like it!
- Riley: (referring to NES) Look- it's a Christmas present!
Jory: Oh, just unwrap it!
Riley: Ow! These gloves do nothing!
Jon: Oh, what's underneath? A cream filling? No, my dashed hopes and dreams...
- Jory: (disgustedly) Aw! Part of the NES is melted to the side of the microwave! That's just, like, powdery plastic!