|"7x028 - Padlock"|
|Season 7, Experiment No. 194|
|Upload date:||January 7, 2010|
|Experiment Outcome:||Stupid Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#193: Toy caterpillar|
|Next Episode:||#195: Television|
- The guys felt that this episode was too boring, so they made a second version with Mystery Science Theater 3000-style commentary.
- There were 40^3, or 64,000, possible combinations for the microwaved padlock.
- Jory said that they never knew the combination to the lock. Jon said that the owner donated it because the combination was lost.
- Jon requested 3:49 for the microwave time, because that was his old high school locker combo.
- The lock did NOTHING, the only thing that sparked were caterpillar remains. Jory said he was "okay with that" since the epiosde was one they knew would be boring.
- Jory: And, I hope for the rest of my life, this Kenmore microwave, named Zelda. And so far, [she] has given us two amazing, amazing experiments. Hopefully, it'll keep it up!
- Jon: Me and Jory had a running bet outside of the show. I knew this episode was going to suck, but he wanted to do it anyway. So, just for the record, if this episode sucks, it's Jory's fault!
Jory: Oh, really, "executive producer"?
Jory: Well, I'm just sayin'... If all decisions go through you, doesn't that make it my sh*t, but then, you ate it and shat it back out and still served it to them as food?
Jon: No, no!
Jory: I'm just sayin'...
Jon: I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and I said, "I'll let you..."
Jory: (interrupts) But you're still the executive producer, and, if you thought it was a bad idea, then you would have turned it down!
- Jon: Even the spark plug sparked! This didn't do anything!
- Riley: (to Jon) What do you think, boss man? (singing) "'Cause he's a tax man!"
- Jory starts singing along*
Jory and Riley: (singing) "Whoa! He's a tax man!"