|"7x046 - Spinning Firework"|
|Season 7, Experiment No. 212|
|Upload date:||March 15, 2010|
|Experiment time:||2 "baked potatoes"|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#211: Voltage Meter & Large Capacitors|
|Next Episode:||#213: Spray paint (Green)|
This experiment takes place in the upgraded Jory Caron Microwave Laboratory 2.9, which used a large sheet of ballistics glass instead of a tin foil shield.
Jory places the large spinning firework into the new microwave, Gladys. Melissa, the microwave used in the previous episode, was retired and spared from the finale. Just fifteen seconds into the experiment, the firework begins to spark and shoot violent amounts of sparks, causing the entire microwave to be set on fire. The door was even breached, and the whole panel literally melted so it can literally be peeled apart "like it's an onion". Power was then cut after just forty-four seconds.
It was deemed a bad idea, possibly a terrible idea.
- Season 7, save for the finale, was taped in the fall of 2008. This episode was filmed on March 15, 2009, a span of nearly six months, and was uploaded a mere two days later.
- Due to the rain, the microwave was placed under a piece of plywood and Jon filmed under an umbrella.
- Instead of the "food plate" setting used on Melissa, Jory used 2 "baked potato" settings on Gladys in order to get away safely.
- Originally, the plan was to microwave a firework mortar, which was cancelled. The firework mortar was later used for episode 299.
- This was the first episode to be shot in HD, despite only being in 720p. Episode 214, the season 8 premiere, was the first to be in 1080p.
- Riley: (reading firework label) "Attach securely by means of a nail through the center hole..." (laughs pervertedly)
- Jory: We have this new Sharp carousel microwave. We're returning to our roots, and that's why we named her "Gladys." Because it's like gladiolas and roots and stuff!
- Jory: (in Boston accent) Do you have a problem with how ghetto we are now?!
- Jory: When you can just peel away layers of your microwave like it's an onion, that's when you know it's a bad idea. So, I mean, I just said it was a bad idea, but let me say again- bad idea, possibly terrible idea!
- Jory: (singing) We have the renewing powers of H2O!