|"8x002 - Chain Mail Armor"|
|Season 8, Experiment No. 215|
|Upload date:||May 11, 2010|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#214: PlayStation 3|
|Next Episode:||#216: Sunglasses|
- The "anal bum cover" line Jory said was from an old SNL skit starring Sean Connery.
- After Jon made Jory change her name from "Shaniqua" to "Sarah", Sarah developed Dissociative Identity Disorder. Throughout her run, you will meet her many personality alters, starting with Sahara in this episode.
- Jon put a lengthy outtake from this episode on an episode of "Jon's Adventure Vlog." The clip was removed, because Jon felt there was too much set-up that needed to be there in order to get the funny part, and that would have made the video another minute or so longer.
- This is the first time the Kraken is mentioned; it becomes a regular joke throughout the season. "Kraken" is now the nickname Riley calls his son, Ryan. "Release the Kraken!" would be Jon's catch phrase through seasons 8-10, as well as different variants of it, although Jon first used a "Release the X!" comment in season 3.
- Jon said they'd try to work a Back to the Future and/or Star Wars reference into every season 8 episode. They did not, but they did a pretty good job.
- Jory: Now, what those medieval people never really thought about, what this chain mail doesn't really protect them against, is obviously...
Jon: Electromagnetic radiation from our microwave?
Jory: Force lightning microwave attack!
- Riley: It's your typical, you know, sound you SHOULDN'T hear coming from your microwave!
- Jon: (to Jory) Your bum will be fine if it's uncovered, trust me. No one's gonna storm in THAT moat!
Jory: I'll just creep out of the shot. Be careful- there's a dragon in there! (in British accent) There's a dragon in them there caves, and he bites. He's a biter!
Jon: The one-eyed dragon?
Riley: I heard, if you strangle him really hard, he'll start to bleed!
from "Jon's Adventure Vlog" bloopers:
Jon: Yes, he's a rat, he's lived forever! He survived the Black Plague. He's been around since the chain mail days. And we come back full circle!