|"8x003 - Sunglasses"|
|Season 8, Experiment No. 216|
|Upload date:||May 14, 2010|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#215: Chain Mail|
|Next Episode:||#217: Blowfish|
- Riley starred in a "Sunglasses at Night" music video Jon made, and they reference this video several times in the episode. Jon has said that the music video is one of the editing projects he's proudest of editing.
- The guys put the sunglasses in for 1:98, a shortened version of 19:86, which is the year they thought the song debuted. The song really came out in 1984.
- The sunglasses were purchased at the dollar store.
- We are introduced to Sarah's personality alters Sandra, who was modeled after season 3's Sandra.
- Sarah's plate breaks in this episode, but, since she's the first microwave of the season, there isn't a microwave graveyard full of plates to give her. So, she goes through the rest of her life plateless.
- This was a good idea, but Jon accidentally put "bad idea" for the graphic. This is the first time in the show's history that the graphic said the wrong verdict.
- Riley: (to tune of "Sunglasses at Night") I'm goin' in the microwave. These black, these black sunglasses, watch me weave and burn in the microwave! How long should we put it in there for?
- Jory: You can stop now. Stop!
- Riley: (to tune of "Sunglasses at Night") I burn in Sandra the microwave!
- Jon: (to Riley) Her name is Sarah!
- Jon: That is probably the largest flame I did not expect to see from this experiment!
- Jon: This is awesome! Sunglasses? $1 investment, at least $2 of excitement!
- Jory: At LEAST $2!
- Riley: I paid $2 to see this!
- Jory: They're monocles! (in Thurston Howell-type voice) I do declare! THAT'S HOT, THAT'S HOT!!!