|"8x013 - Iron"|
|Season 8, Experiment No. 226|
|Upload date:||June 21, 2010|
|Microwave Used:||Margaret II|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#225: ShamWow|
|Next Episode:||#227: Mondo Drinks|
- Jon bought the iron a long time ago. They just didn't use it until season 8, because they had better stuff to microwave and season 8 is reserved for the "leftover bullsh*t." When Jon went to buy the blender and a season 5 girl (probably Tracy), he was offered the iron for $4, so he bought that, too.
- When introducing the iron in the donations video, Riley hilariously said, "Harry!" in the same intonation Marv did from Home Alone.
- Just like with the smoke bombs episode, there were so many bloopers in this episode that Jon made a separate video for the bloopers/outtakes.
- Margaret II doesn't have a minute-plus button.
- Jon submitted the show to Dirty Jobs in a video response; the Mighty Putty episode was the one submitted.
- Jory says to Margaret II nothing would ever hurt her. However: later in her career she was hurt either, and not just once or a litle bit. She got a partly molten door and siding, a broken plate and even a few deaths!
- This is the fourth kitchen appliance microwaved.
- Jory: We have this iron. Who was it donated by?
Riley: That new guy. Jonny Pool-a?
Jory: Jonny Pool-a? Oh, he's the camera guy!
- Jory: (singing to Margaret II) Here she goes, Miss America!
- Jon: I wonder how long we should put it in there for, guys?
Jory: No! No, this needs to be at least, like, a 3:05.
Riley: We have degrees of time now?! This is definitely a 3:05-er!
- Jory: (to Jon) Are you getting at the fact that it's iron-ic?
- Jory: (in pet voice) It's okay, Margaret II! Nothing will ever hurt you!
from bloopers video:
- Riley: Would [Mike Rowe] be MY sidekick?
Jon: No, you would be his bitch!