|"8x021 - VidCon 2010 Special - Two light bulbs"|
|Season 8, Experiment No. 234|
|Upload date:||July 17, 2010|
|Experiment time:||69 seconds|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#233: Cold Pack|
|Next Episode:||#235: Laser Pointers|
The setting took place in the Video Convention 2010 in Los Angeles, where some of the most popular YouTubers make their appearance. The Microwave Show specialists and crew are chosen to make their appearance there. They brought along the microwave loaned out from one of their friends and rehearsed and tested the experiment in his apartment.
Seemingly successful, they brought the experiment with a couple of light bulbs to the VidCon Hall. They named the microwave Justine and it was loaded with 2 light bulbs which exploded inside later on.
The experiment was deemed a good idea based on the response from the Audience.
- The stage was named the VidCon Microwave Laboratory 1.0, the "1.0" being because there was absolutely no safety precautions, including gloves.
- Justine was bought off of Craig's List (in LA) the day before the performance. The gang tested her with light bulbs at Ezra's apartment.
- Justine was presented as an Emerson microwave. However: it turned out she actually was a Sharp Carousel.
- Justine was originally going to be named "Ellie", and then, "Michelle" by Jory, but Riley settled on "Justine" in honor of iJustine.
- Justine did not receive an official retirement montage, but several weeks later OentOent (Our Own User!) decided to create one. He originally used the US Marines Hymn as retirement theme, because he was not able to get the regular retirement theme which is used by Jonathan Paula. Later he got a sample of the original upbeat retirement music and he used it for an improved version, which is currently up on YouTube.
- The performance was scheduled for Friday, July 9th, at 2:40 pm Pacific time.
- Jon incorporated footage from VidCon attendees, so he could have many different angles.
- Jory wore his M*A*S*H shirt during the performance for nostalgia purposes, since he didn't know where his light bulb T-shirt was.
- Jory: I forgot the tin foil. This WILL be a roasted nuts affair!
- Jory: So, we've got here two light bulbs. VidCon told us, "We want you guys to microwave something awesome, but no fire." Now, this ran counterintuitive, right?
Jon: About 90% of what we do is on fire!
- Jon: Alright, quick show of hands- how many people need to change their diapers now?
Jory: That... DEPENDS!
- Jory: How Long Should We Put It In There For?
Dude In The Audience: 42!