|"9x008 - Orange"|
|Season 9, Experiment No. 250|
|Upload date:||November 22, 2010|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#249: Harry Potter figure and candles|
|Next Episode:||#251: Reddi Wip|
- This is the only true "surprise item" of season 9, since the dry ice was given away in the donations video and on the season 9 filming live show.
- Jon tried to do a collab video with the creator of the Annoying Orange, but the creator never contacted Jon back.
- The Hot Pocket disclaimer was resurrected from season 7, starting the season 9 tradition of re-using season 7 and 8 intros.
- Even though Jory says in the bloopers to change the idea from "good" to "bad," Jon kept the verdict a "good idea." This continues the tradition of all microwaved fruits being good ideas.
- Clearly, oranges are good for cleaning microwaves. Jory used the orange to get some grime off of Esmeralda, just like the orange-scented Goop Cleaner was used to clean Lacey in season 4.
- Jon: Orange, here it comes!
Riley: Orange you glad we're microwaving him?
- Jory: I can't believe we've never done an orange before!
Jon: In season 2, we went through most of the produce section. We did a banana, we did an apple.
- Riley: (in response to orange squirting juice) Never on the first date!
- Jory: Do you like oranges? Do you like citrus? (shows grime-covered orange) Do you STILL like citrus?
Jon: AW! That looks like the underside of, like, a nasty bug!
Jory: (shows clean orange side) This is what a normal man's testicles look like... (shows grime-covered side of orange) This is what a smoker's testicles look like...