|"9x010 - Smoke Detector"|
|Season 9, Experiment No. 252|
|Upload date:||November 29, 2010|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#251: Reddi Wip|
|Next Episode:||#253: Twilight Figures|
- This is the first radioactive item microwaved.
- Jon told the guys to be quiet so they could hear if the smoke detector beeped in response to its own smoke/fire. No noise was heard.
- Jon brilliantly put Twizzlers as the related episode, since the smoke alarm in the season 1 dorm room went off in that episode.
- Jory notices that Esmeralda's display is coming off. At the end of the episode, her display was completely off, revealing a circuitboard-like panel. This is the first time a display has ever come off of a microwave girl. YouTube user JDLupus hilariously said in the comments that the guys "stripped Esmeralda."
- Jory: I'm ready to put it all up inside Esmeralda! Here's Esmeralda. (in Italian accent) Ooh! You are a spicy meatball!
- Jory: (referring to Esmeralda's display coming off) It's like the chimpanzee attack victims. Like, RAWR!
- Jon: Now, guys, would a smoke detector send out smoke signals if it needed help or Morse code with its beep if it needed help?
- Jory: In case you're wondering if you should have a smoke detector in your house... this one actually CAUSED the fire! So, our studies show that you are actually 49.5% more likely to survive a fire if you DON'T have one of these! And that's according to nothing, really.
- Jory: That's like if Lassie's, like, "Johnny's in the well!" And you're, like, "Old Yeller, I gotta put you down!"