|"9x019 - Hourglass"|
|Season 9, Experiment No. 261|
|Upload date:||January 3, 2011|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#260: Box of wine|
|Next Episode:||#262: Fire alarm|
- The hourglass was a 3-minute timer and the length of the video is exactly 3 minutes. The microwaving time used also was 3 minutes.
- The "liquid" debated to be inside the hourglass after microwaving was most likely not the beginnings of glass, as liquid glass in fact glows red and sand melts at around 2000 degrees Celcius. The "sand" in the hourglass was most probably salt and the liquid was the salt melting.
- Riley purposely said the line "into the microwave" in dOvetastic's typical intonation, as this experiment was inspired by an early dOvetastic experiment. Unfortunately, however, the guys did not achieve the spectacular results that dOvetastic did, probably because their hourglass had the wrong kind of sand.
- The metal holding the hourglass was supposedly made of brass.
- The guys microwaved this item for the entire time set on Penelope, which is a rare occurrence for them. Often, they stop beforehand or the microwave will die if the item is left in for too long a time.
- Jory broke the hourglass with the remains of the DeLorean.
- When this episode debuted, Jon was getting really annoyed with all of the complaining/whining comments saying how season 9 was boring and missing elements of "classic" episodes. Jon explained how the season is filmed too far in advance to correct complaints until the following season, and then he provided links to two episodes he considers "classic" that not many people have seen. These two episodes were flash paper and slot machine, both of which are naturally from season 6, the best of the best.
- The type of hourglass the guys microwaved can be bought here.
- Jory: It's about TIME that we did an hourglass!
- Jory: I have no idea what the liquid was. Do you have any idea?
Jory: Is it sugar in there?
Riley: No, I don't know!
- Riley: So, did Jory lie?! Did you lie, Jory?
Jory: When did I lie?
Jon: (to Riley) Don't be a smart-ass!