|"9x020 - Fire alarm"|
|Season 9, Experiment No. 262|
|Upload date:||January 5, 2011|
|Experiment Outcome:||Ironic Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain|
|Previous Episode:||#261: Hourglass|
|Next Episode:||#263: Magic grow animals|
"Is It A Good Idea To Microwave A Fire Alarm" is the 262nd experiment on the popular YouTube show "Is It a Good Idea to Microwave This?".
- This is the first "ironic idea."
- Somehow, the fire alarm's weight went through Penelope's plate and broke it.
- In the video's description, Jon said that they were microwaving the fire alarm to see if it would go off when it caught fire. Sadly, though, like the smoke detector, the fire alarm just caught fire and never signaled the presence of said fire.
- Jon chose the microwave time of 5:49 because "five" and "forty-nine" both start with the letter "F," just like "fire alarm" does.
- This is the only season 9 experiment where the fire extinguisher is used.
- Jory: I love how the microwave is still smoking! There's just smoke.
Riley: I know, from last week! Amazing!
- Jory: For a fire alarm, they sure are really flammable!
Jon: Yeah, well, I mean, it's nothing but electronics, a sound box, and a light bulb, so sure, that's the recipe for disaster right there!
- Jon: It looks like marshmallow almost!