The guys do a car battery at last, but not as people hoped, Penelope didn't die or create exciting results, and the lab smelled like battery acid. THAT is a sh*tty idea! NEVER do this at home... EVER! That caused Jory, Jon and Riley to wear masks the rest of the episode.
|"9x022 - Car Battery"|
|Season 9, Experiment No. 264|
|Upload date:||January 12, 2010|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#263: Magic grow animals|
|Next Episode:||#265: Smelling salts|
- The car battery still had juice in it and was taken right from Jon's old '93 Ford Escort.
- The guys ended up doing this item, because it was heavily requested by the fans. They delayed doing it, though, because they had a feeling it wouldn't do anything exciting.
- Several fans logically noted in the comments that the car battery probably didn't do anything because it's designed to withstand heat, being that it has to survive engine combustion.
- The car battery had a sticker on it that said "Tough one."
- While waiting 20 minutes to see if the car battery would end up exploding post-microwaving, the guys watched a football game.
- Jon: We want battery acid all up in my backyard! So, let's do 15+ [minutes]!
- Jory: Okay, then, we'll wait, like, 20 minutes, 'cause I don't wanna touch this thing and have it f*ckin' explode!
Riley: Yeah, you'd be dead!
- Jory: That scares the sh*t outta me! I'm just gonna do [the verdict] with my f*ckin' mask ON!