|"9x023 - Ammonia Inhalants"|
|Season 9, Experiment No. 265|
|Upload date:||January 17, 2011|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#264: Car battery|
|Next Episode:||#266: Shotgun microphone|
- There is a bonus episode for this experiment that shows the guys' first reaction to inhaling the smelling salts. The popular reaction to the season 9 bonus episodes made Jon announce that there may be a bonus episode for every season 10 experiment. This eventually didn't happen though.
- Jory mentions at the end of the episode that they should use the smelling salts to wake themselves up when they get tired during filming. This is a very good idea, as Jory and Riley seem much perkier and more alert in this episode and subsequent episodes than they did prior to the smelling salts.
- 8 minutes was chosen for the microwaving time, because there were 8 seasons of 24, and the character Jack Bauer from that TV show often used smelling salts.
- In the annotations, Jon said that Jory's Jack Bauer impersonation sounded more like Richard Nixon.\
- In the bonus video, Riley repeatedly said that the smelling salts smelled like "really strong kitty litter," most likely because of the high amount of ammonia in cat urine.
- Riley: Two Krakens!
Jory: (in monster voice) I'll crack 'em!
Riley: (in monster voice) Two crack-'ems!
Jory: (in monster voice) Release and crack 'em!
- Jory: (referring to popped smelling salt cartridges) There's another one! Why do I miss it?! Goddamn!
Jon: (referring to how dark Penelope is) There's nothing to miss...
- Jory: You can actually microwave them, and then throw 'em at friends!
Riley: Oh, yeah!
Jory: Don't do that!
Jon: Like Pop-Its? POP IT!
- Riley: That was a good clap!
Jory: Well, I HAVE it. You know, when you have the clap, you can't lose it!
Riley: Oh, dear! The clap? Like chlamydia?!
From bonus video:
- Jory: It's not that bad. It's just, it's a shocker! It's like the first time you flicked your testicles!