|"9x024 - Shotgun microphone"|
|Season 9, Experiment No. 266|
|Upload date:||January 19, 2011|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#265: Smelling salts|
|Next Episode:||#267: Duct tape|
- This episode was edited live. Besides the editing, the other big occurrence during the live show is that Jon officially announced the guys' summer 2011 plans, which consist of an epic road trip known by the acronym FARTING (Fantastic American Road Trip, Including North Gower).
- A bonus episode also exists for this episode. In it, Riley purposely hits Jory in the crotch with the shotgun mic, prior to microwaving it. The title Jon chose for the bonus video, "Jory Gets Flicked in the Balls!", may well have been influenced by Jory's "flicked in the testicles" line from the smelling salts' bonus video.
- This is the first time Jory uses the "roasted nuts" line in season 9. It is only the second time he has mentioned the tin foil shield. Neither of these were mentioned for viewer nostalgia, but rather, for a lead-in to the bonus video.
- The main microphone used on the show is a shotgun mic.
- Riley: (sticks microphone in Penelope's face) Penelope, how do you feel about this?
- Jory: (as if giving football play) Shotgun, set, MIC!
Jon: That's actually a clever joke that I've never heard before, despite the fact that it's incredibly obvious.
- Jory: If you're having trouble remembering this, think of it like a penis and balls, okay? A ball mic is right there, but you don't use that to project the thing. You use your shotgun mic!
From bonus video:
- Jory: Okay, let me get the meat out of the way of the potatoes!